Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Monday, December 26, 2011

Pictures of quilts

The Art Deco Lady was made for my sister-in-law.  In 2006, I asked her what theme and the colors she liked.  I had already determined that I wanted to make another stained glass quilt.  When DH saw the finished quilt, he wanted to keep it, but I said it was already promised.


The Ashley and Austin Quilt was created as their wedding quilt. The mountains in the center of the quilt turned out to be the best mountains I have been able to create so far.  I did several photo transfer on this quilt.
 

The Sam Davis Home Quilt was created to benefit the Minnie Pearl Cancer Foundation.  There was a silent auction at The Pearl Ball which was held at the Sam Davis Home on Oct. 18, 2008.  All proceeds of the auction stayed within our county to help cancer patients.

The Wedding Quilt is a photo transfer quilt created as a wedding gift for Jennifer and J.R.  Jennifer was quite surprised when her wedding quilt arrived in the mail and all the pictures on her quilt had been taken directly from her Blog. The center landscape design was based on their enjoyment of the outdoors and camping.




Quilt for Kristy 2009
I love making quilts for family and friends based on their colors and things they enjoy doing.
  
   

My Sister, My Friend was created based on a pre-printed saying on fabric that I purchased at a quilt store. It inspired me to look for pictures of just my sister and I.  There are also a couple of pictures with family.



Stained Glass Quilt made while I was visiting with my sister in 2009.  What fun it was to choose from her fabrics and we created this lap quilt in 10 days.  While I was flying home, my sister sewed on the binding.  I cut and pressed and she sewed.  I could not keep up with her sewing.  How could she sew so fast?  Then I found out that she worked at the Cameron Shirt Factory, the summer after she graduated from high school.  She sewed shirt collars for 3 months.



1 comment:

  1. Nancie what fun! Hurray for you for creating your own blog to showcase what you have accomplished!It looks great!
    Now I have just one question, is that a recent picture of you? I just had to ask because of the hair color haha.
    Nancy N

    ReplyDelete