Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Saturday, November 5, 2016

365 Quilty Circles Up To Date

Many thanks go to Audrey from:  Quilty Folk

I discovered her Blog post right around the 1st of January 2016, challenging us on her 365 Quilty Circles Challenge.  Oh, what fun to create a tiny block each day with a circle over the next 366 days.  The idea of adding a little comment of what was accomplished each day came from Cathy at Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilting.  Thank you Cathy for your brilliant idea of creating a year-long journal.

Actually, Audrey's challenge began on November 1st, 2015 but I knew that would be too difficult to catch up to date, so I began on Jan. 1st, 2016.  I still have had problems in creating one block each day.  Two weeks is the most I have been behind but was able to catch up.

Since my blocks finish at 4 inches, I discovered that two quilt tops would be needed so that I would not have a gigantic quilt to display.  So, each quilt will have 12 blocks across and 15 down with 180 blocks total.  The
6 extra will be added to the 2nd quilt.  One other option would be to put the quilts together but the logistics of matching them up seem rather daunting.

I tried to use as many different fabrics as I could with different techniques.  If you count down 8 rows, you will see a double block with a photo transfer of the Napa Valley and vineyards with a nice red barn. 

Quilt Circles from June 29 through Nov. 4th


I'm linking up with:  Quilty Folk

5 comments:

  1. Some really wonderful circle fabrics here, and I especially love the subtle diagonal lines of your background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. This has been a wonderful way to use many different fabrics and journal at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, gosh, those are some interesting circles! Looks like you have been having fun. Doesn't keeping a little diary keep you interested in moving along with the circles? And won't it be fun to look back a couple of years from now at what you wrote? I'm making one BIG quilt out of mine but two would be a good idea too. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the variety in your circles and backgrounds, and that, like Cathy, you have added little notes. I love that your quilt will be a journal of the year in which you made it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! I like how each block has a little note in it.

    ReplyDelete