Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Monday, March 13, 2017

It's been almost one month since I last posted

Just noticed that is has been almost an entire month since I last posted.  My Sewing Room is a wreck and difficult to find anything.  At our guild, I took on a new project with another guild member.  We are co-chairs of our Guild's Quilt of Valor Committee.  Over the last few days, I washed (3) Quilts of Valor with the Dye Catchers.  Thankfully, they work great.  Also labeled all (3) quilts.  One other top needs to be sent on to a QOV long arm quilter, so will need to find a back prior to requesting a LAQ.

Last Saturday at Guild, one of our members, Carolyn shows us how to make a "Woven Fabric Basket".
The initial prep of cutting and preparing the 2.5" strips was time consuming but was easy enough to accomplish.  When it came time to weave the strips into the basket, problems arose.  The bottom of the basket looks great--the sides not so much.

Bottom of Fabric Basket
Trying to Weave the strips for the 4 sides of basket

 I think I'll take it to Sewing tomorrow and see if my friend, JoAnn can make my attempt look like a "basket".

Stop by Judy's at:   Patchwork Times.com  to see what other quilters have accomplished this last week.
 

1 comment:

  1. too bad, looks like a cute project. God luck with it.

    ReplyDelete