The 1st QOV top (shown below) and backing were sent out on April 2nd to a LAQ in Greenbrier, TN. This quilt was pieced by Laurie Wells in our Guild. Laurie's quilt was made with strips of red, cream, and blue.
The 2nd QOV top and backing were sent out on April 9th to a LAQ in Belews Creek, NC. This quilt, I pieced and was made using the Tennessee Crossroads pattern. I placed a block with an Eagle in each corner of the quilt. This quilt is going to a friend of mine and her husband.
The 3rd QOV top still needs a backing and request for a LAQ. This quilt, I pieced and was made using the Tennessee Crossroads pattern. I don't have a picture of this 3rd quilt, but it is similar to the quilt shown above, only it's final borders are only dark navy blue with stars and no cornerstones.
I think I need to find someone who enjoys finding the correct size backing and mailing these quilts off to the LAQ. This part of the process is not my "cup of tea". I think I need a secretary!!
I do enjoy piecing the quilt tops and sewing the binding and the label on the finished quilt.
No comments:
Post a Comment