Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Working on one of my 365 Quilty Circles...

Last week-end, I decided it was time to begin work on two of my tops from 2016.  These tops were part of the on-line 2016 "365 Quilty Circles Challenge".  I chose to not use batting in either quilt.

My friend, Bonnie from my weekly Sewing Group helped me pin the first top together with a black & white backing.  We pinned quite heavily with safety pins at every other 4" square.  This technique worked beautifully and I was able to machine quilt it.   Next, I sewed the binding on by machine, and then folded it over, ready to be sewn down by hand.  Without any batting, it is slow going; trying to sew the binding on and not catch the thread where it shows on the front of the quilt!


This last week, another friend from my weekly Sewing Group helped me pin the 2nd top together with a blue backing.  I got the machine quilting done on this 2nd quilt and my goal is to finish this quilt with binding before next Tuesday, Oct. 30th, 2018.  With no batting, it is very difficult and slow to sew on the binding.  I may try to sew it on by machine.

I truly loved this type of challenge--maybe in 2019, I will choose to make little houses or 3-D boxes or another unique item that is not too difficult to make.
Anyone reading this, who has an idea of a daily or weekly challenge, please let me know...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment