Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Thursday, December 20, 2018

New Quilt Project begins-

Since I have a couple of weeks off from any activities, I decided to use my time to make a "House Quilt".  Each house will represent a house, dorm, apt. or duplex where I have lived.  I even plan to make a block with a camping tent for when we took a family vacation at a lake in Northern California for 3 weeks.  The most difficult so far, is to find photos of each place to use as my design.  I found that I am making Swiss cheese out of many of my fabrics that have scenery, fences, barns, houses, or landscapes.  When I'm done, probably the only ones who will recognize these houses will be friends who I grew up with through the years.  I do enjoy making quilts that document a particular event or time in my family's history.    Here is Block #1--the house where I grew up....




Next up is -- The Residence Hall at Humboldt State College in the Redwoods

 
Shown below is Block #2--my interpretation in fabric of the Residence Hall at Humboldt


Next up will be Block #3--my 1st Apartment that I shared with a friend from Jr. High
We lived there for 3 months during the summer of 1974--It had a nice pool, which we enjoyed.
We called the Apt. Building--"The Pink Apartments" since they were painted pink.
Debbie did her Nurses Training at a local hospital and
  I commuted to another town to work in a Dental Office. 






No comments:

Post a Comment