Weekly Sewing Group hosted a Notions Sale--
Our Sewing Group received a massive donation of Sewing notions, which we chose to sell at a local space in our area of middle TN.
We set up the sale items on Friday, the 28th of June and had our actual sale on Saturday, the 29th. All items were priced well below market value. Friday was rather slow but Saturday made up for it. We had a good crowd of buyers and made a nice profit. The funds received will help fund our future sewing projects for those in need in our community.
Fidget Mats-Most of the items I chose, will be used for Fidget Mats. I found that I truly enjoy making these projects. We use place-mats as our base and then add little scraps of fabric of different textures and other details that someone in a Nursing Home may enjoy feeling. Everything must be attached extremely well, since you can never be sure if someone may try to put it in their mouth. Anyone that has lots of little fabric scraps can create a unique Fidget Mat.
I will try to get some pictures posted later today.
No comments:
Post a Comment