Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Thursday, January 31, 2013

Where did January go?

Here is what I did get done--
1)  Pieced Carpenter Star Quilt of Valor and sent to Long Arm Quilter
2)  Pieced New Year's Day QOV but it still needs borders
3)  Pieced Home of the Brave Quilt and sent it to our Guild for finishing
4)  Took 7 dog beds (full of fabric scraps) to local Animal Shelter
5)  Pieced Arkansas Crossroads quilt (Guild's Mystery Quilt project)
6)  Was inspired at week-end Quilt Retreat by many friends from guilds
7)  Discovered how many fabric scraps can be stashed in plastic tubs
8)  Bought an antique Singer sewing machine and treadle cabinet

GET IT DONE IN FEBRUARY 2013
1)  Sort and cut scraps -- Yikes!
2)  Quilt and bind Attic Windows Quilt  (UFO)
3)  Hand Quilt 2 blocks on 1989 quilt  (UFO)
4)  Add border to QOV and request Long Arm Quilter

5 comments:

  1. You certainly accomplished a lot in January! Good luck with the February list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on all your January goals. I also make dog beds for the animal shelter. After all you accomplished in January your February goals will be a snap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorites are #7 and #8. Picture of the machine? It's in the cabinet, or you bought them separately? You did a lot in January! Your February goals are great - the cutting of scraps could take more than one month. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the machine and cabinet together. However, I only brought home the machine since someone else had driven up to the retreat and our vehicle was packed full, so a friend of mine offered to bring the cabinet to our guild meeting in Feb. and my husband has the joy of picking it up and bringing it home. The cabinet was found in southern Iowa and the machine we are not sure where it originated. I thought I'd wait until I had the entire system before taking pictures.
      You are correct--the scrap cutting will take more than a month but if I can keep cutting, I can make progress.

      Delete
    2. Well, I'm completely jealous. I've wanted a treadle forever. My older sister took my mother's and then gave it to her daughter, so I have to find my own. I'd like a hand-crank, too. One of these days!

      Delete