Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Get It Done in December

Get It DoneThe items I accomplished in December were not even on "The List".  An attempt was made towards my goals. 
Goal #1 was to clean up my sewing room.  If I dared to take a picture of the entire mess; you would know I have a long ways to go.  But I have begun the process.  I am going through every single wire bin, sorting and cutting up all the little bits and pieces of fabric into usable squares and rectangles.  It took several days to work through the Christmas scraps.  I only have 55 more bins to sort through.  Every bin generates more scraps that need to be cut.  Yikes.  I could just dump the scraps into the Red & Green Plastic Bin but that has only created an overwhelming.....problem with nothing fun to sew.


Organized Fabric Bins




Goal #2 was to add borders and quilt the "Over the Rainbow" quilt top, and at the moment, I'm not sure where it is.


Goal #3 was to quilt the Santa and His Reindeer Table Topper Quilt.  I discovered it needed a border, so it has been sitting on my dining room table during the month of December.

Thank you to all the quilters and their Blogs, who have inspired me through-out 2013 with their comments, accomplishments, and their photos. 

Many thanks go to Judy Laquidara of Patchwork Times.com
Check out what others have done and plan to do in 2014.   Get It Done

2 comments:

  1. Don't let any of that bother you! I decided to give myself a "bye" month in December - there's just too much other stuff going on :*) And by the way - I haven't touched my Rainbow blocks since the day I left class - very bad girl :*D

    ReplyDelete
  2. December is a really tough time to get anything done. I got lucky and had some time. Time organizing your space and fabric is never wasted, even though it's ongoing. I spent the last week of December putting away fabric, cutting scraps, etc. Don't look at my baskets, though. I just shut the closet door.

    ReplyDelete