Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy New Year 2014

Twelve more baskets have been completed.  As I go through each basket of fabric, I pull out all the smaller odd pieces and cut them up into usable squares (5", 4.5", 4", 3.5", 3" and 2.5") and the rest of the odd fabric into strips.  It would not be so overwhelming if I had cut the odd scraps as I completed a project but I'm always in a hurry to get started on my next project.  The next project always seems to have a looming deadline with not enough time.  

I'm especially excited about joining the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2014 with Soscrappy.  January is "Blue Scraps" month and we all have plenty of those.  I seem to have acquired two huge bins of blue.  I wanted to pick just the right pattern to begin this challenge but have decided to work with my blue 5" charm squares and add a small piece of  gray & black to blend them together.  Just white or just cream doesn't seem to go with all my blue fabrics.

Judy Laquidara of Patchwork Times.com continues to challenge me each year, so I plan to join her Scrappy Challenge 2014.  While I was sorting this week, I discovered 40 HST which will finish at 4", so I plan to use those in January's block challenge.  I made these HST over 7 yrs. ago for a Mystery quilt.  I only completed one block, so what to do with all those HST.  Save them, of course.

January Scrappy Challenge 2014
  

1 comment:

  1. I keep threatening to cut my scraps into usable squares...so far it is an idle threat, but it does sound like a good idea. I've just gotten my sewing back out after the holiday break. Onward to blue.

    ReplyDelete