Nancie's TN Quilts
Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit
Monday, May 26, 2014
Design Wall Monday
For the last couple of months, I have been struggling to get a handle on all the fabrics that I have brought home from R.J.'s. Pre-printed panels have always intrigued me, although they are usually "not square", which can be very frustrating. These panels were to be used to make pillows. When I got them out this week-end, I discovered 12 blocks, which I cut down to 15" square and then cut sashing 3" wide. When we create the Project Linus quilts, we try to make them less than 42" wide, so we don't have to piece the backs. Our batting is 48" wide.
The next issue was to find fabric from 20 years ago that would match the fabrics printed in the blocks. You would think that with all the fabric I have "in house", I could find something that blended. Hooray! I found about 3/4 yard of "Shades of Autumn" by Jenny Beyer, which I used for the sashing.
Then, I wondered what was in my "green and red" plastic bin. Yikes!! More fabric scraps, way more fabric scraps. Over the last few weeks, I've been searching for quilt patterns for using scraps and strips.
See what others are creating at Judy's Blog; Patchwork Times.com
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The blocks (I think they might be from a panel, but I'm not sure) look fabulous with that sashing.
ReplyDeleteI, too, am wondering what is in a box. I was planning on moving it this weekend and searching inside for lost treasure. Instead we spent time at the local pool and cleaning up the back garden. I'll try and summon courage to open the box soon!
Helen
The blocks are pre-printed. Sounds like you made the better choice this week-end by choosing the pool and time in your garden. My box has waited many years with continued accumulation of scraps. However, I will feel better when it's half full. LOL
ReplyDelete