Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Monday, August 18, 2014

Design Wall Monday


I found a pattern for a Sewing Machine Cover on page 94 of the August 2012 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting magazine.  I liked the design and the fabric used.

However, I wanted to use a block of hand pieced hexagons that I had sitting in a pile of unfinished pieces.  I machine appliqued the the hexagons onto a section of grey "Marblehead" by Ro Gregg for Paintbrush Studios.  My Brother Embroidery machine was not the same size as listed in the pattern, so adjustments were needed.  By the time I was done, my cover looks nothing like the magazine design but I am very happy with how it turned out.  A different design was machine appliqued to the back of the cover as an added surprise.

Link up to Judy's Blog at Patchwork Times.com to see what others are creating....


No comments:

Post a Comment