Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Monday, August 11, 2014

Making Baby Books with Charm Squares

It has been awhile since I created a baby picture book from "my" fabric.  I have made several using pre-printed panels which is nice since they have the story-line printed on the fabric squares and the page numbers.  All you need to do is add the batting.

The 3 little babies are related to my sister through marriage.  They would be my sister's niece's grandchildren.
(2) little books were created this week-end using 5" charm squares and a couple of ice cream cone blocks.
I'm hoping Mom and Dad will enjoy making up stories based on the pictures.  Two of their aunts love horses, so one fabric has horses and horseshoes.  I found in my stash (2) matching charm squares with their birthday month of June.  Here are a few pictures.....

Oops!  I almost forgot to mention who wrote the book on how to make these darling fabric books.
Gwen Marston wrote "Fabric Picture Books" with pages and pages of beautiful color photos and lots of inspiring fabrics.  The details of the fabric book construction and assembly are very clear, so the books are very easy to make.  For me, the most difficult part was sewing the spine at the top and bottom.  My 12-page books were too thick at the top and bottom.  Changing to a blue-jean needle helped.
 

Back with number selvages and front with Ice Cream Cone

Back pages with Gramma's desserts and Aunt's horses

View of other pages in one book

Inside front cover with birthday month and cake
    

No comments:

Post a Comment