Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Monday, January 12, 2015

Design Wall Monday

It's hard to believe that almost half of January has flown by--I've been working on....

Bonnie Hunter Mystery - (3) blocks completed with pieced sashing strips & corner stones
The delay in sewing the blocks is Part 2.  I had only made one strip and then went on to the next part.
So I've been making (8) strips and then sewing a block together, which has slowed down the process.
My friend, Corinne is working on this mystery, so we've been encouraging each other via email.


Bonnie Hunter Grand Illusion Mystery
 
Table Runner for my sister's birthday, which just happens to be today.
She is 89 today!!
After, I shipped it, I realized I hadn't taken a picture of the finished runner.  So, hopefully someone
in my family will send me a picture.  Suzanne has always enjoyed a cup of tea in the morning rather
than coffee.  I had found a cute fabric with mugs and tea bags.  I always seem to wait to the last
minute before I decide what to make.  I discovered a little bag of half square triangles already sewn and
they just happened to match the tea bag fabric beautifully.  So, I created stars with a tea cup block in the center of each square.  The table runner had (5) squares on the front and (1) square on the back, which I used as the label.  This is all I have left of the tea cup fabric, since I also used it as the binding on the table runner.  

Tea Bag fabric used in center of each square
Stop by Patchwork Times.com
and check out what others have created this year!

Cat Panel Quilt Top completed--
This was a fun top to work on and I have another cat panel that is similar and needs to be designed.
This will be turned in to my Sewing Group tomorrow.  We will need to find a back, which will need to be pieced to fit, since it is wider than 42".

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment