Yesterday, I worked most of the day on the Grand Mystery quilt blocks. Before I checked on the final reveal, I completed Part 5, so I'd be ready to put together a few blocks. However, when I started to make the first block, I discovered I needed to make at least (8) of Part 2 to complete one block. So, today I have been working on Part 2 and have one Grand Illusion block completed.
This afternoon, I took my sewing machine over to Marcia's house to help her and Reta design a Prayer Quilt. They bought a delightfully soft blanket from WalMart and (1.5) yards of flannel to use as the ties.
I had never made a Prayer Quilt. The flannel was cut selvage to selvage, 6" wide, folded over about 1" and sewn to the blanket edge. Each strip of flannel was pre-cut into 3/4" strips prior to sewing onto the blanket edge. Each strip will be tied into a knot as a prayer is lifted up.
No comments:
Post a Comment