Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Monday, February 2, 2015

Design Wall Monday

This morning about 8:00, I could see a few tiny snowflakes if I looked quick.  I feel bad just mentioning it due to all the folks up North and in New England who have been bombarded with snow.  This morning, I've been working on answering a few emails and writing some cards in answer to quite a few Christmas cards that we received.

The project hanging on my Design Wall actually began as a Table Runner using leftover HST.  It was several years ago that I had sewn the blocks together and there it sat, waiting....  So, I decided to add (3) borders to make it into a narrow quilt to be wrapped around someone who may be hurting.  This quilt measures
30" x 61" and will be donated to a local group.  I purchased the lavender and purple flower print at Hammers Dept. Store in Winchester at $5.00/yd and it will be used for the back of the quilt.  The fabric also has the word "Joy" printed throughout the fabric.  It is barely there and you really must look for it.

Quilted Wrap for a Special Lady


Other items waiting for attention------
(5) Quilts are waiting for bindings and labels:
Family Reunion Signatures from 2011
Mystery Quilt
Ice Cream Cones
Here Comes Santa
Cubes

Drop by Judy's Blog at  Patchwork Times.com  to see the creations of other quilters.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment