Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Design Wall for Monday's Post

As always, I'm running behind on my DWM post for 03/09/2015.  I've been working on a special quilt for my friend, who needs a "Hug".  Cannot show it, until I know she has received it.  Just needs a label and hopefully, it will be sent out tomorrow.

Yesterday, at our sewing group, we began working on scrappy quilts.  I spent my time cutting foundation blocks for the group who were sewing, along with fabric centers.  This morning, I tried sewing a few blocks.  I enjoyed the design but when I cut them down to the 8 1/2" size, I realized the strips were too narrow.  The outer strips need to be wider.  Live and Learn!

As I was sorting through bags and bags of fabric, I discovered a huge stack of left over triangles, probably from several years ago.  I decided to sew them together, since there are 4 dark triangles for each fabric and there are more lighter fabrics to mix and match.  Hopefully, I can find some interesting pattern, using what I have.

Found Triangles
Foundation Blocks & HST units

Check out what others have accomplished this week at Patchwork Times.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment