Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Thursday, March 5, 2015

"Missed" Design Wall Monday

Well, here it is Thursday and I missed "Design Wall Monday".  Too many other things needed attention!
Yesterday, I worked on the Cat Panel Top-RJ from our Sewing Group found a fabulous cat fabric for the back, so I sandwiched it and machine quilted with the walking foot.  Nothing fancy, just in the ditch.  The binding is a little busy black & white floral but it was all done by machine.

Cat Panel Quilt with backing shown at left


On Tuesday, another couple of bags of donated fabric arrived, so we all picked out our favorites.  I always go for the panels and the text fabrics.  This morning, I pieced the back for the States Top.  The back looks better than the front.  This quilt should be fun for a boy and both sides will be fun to examine with many learning opportunities. 

Back of the States Quilt
Today's goal was to complete the States backing and then machine quilt it.  We shall see....
It is almost 2:30 p.m. and I haven't had my lunch.  Today, we woke up to snow.  At least it looks like snow,
but I think it is more an accumulation of sleet but then I never grew up around snow.  If we ever went to the snow, we had to leave by 5:30 a.m. and drive about 3-4 hours to arrive in the mountains.   I tried making a little snow ball but it just fell apart in my hand.  The dog was delighted with the "white stuff" and had a great time running around in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment