Yesterday, our Quilting Guild turned 20 years old. We had one Founding member and four Charter members in attendance. Our current Officers organized quite a celebration. I had the pleasure to create a 36" x 48" Tri-Fold foam display board for showing pictures of our founding members and the history of how our Guild began. I loved searching through all my pictures and choosing the ones that I liked best.
Mildred Locke, the Founder of TVQA was the one who encouraged us to start our guild. Our first meeting was held on May 13th, 1995 and we formed our guild with 27 Charter members.
I found pictures of our first Birthday party, held on May 11th, 1996. On that day, Lolita, one of our Charter members gave a Trunk Show of many of her quilts. That was a grand celebration with 24 members present.
Pictures were also found of our 1st Brown Bag Challenge held in 1996. Several members in attendance yesterday, found pictures of their wall hangings where other guild members had added fabrics and design details to their quilts.
Yesterday, the Founding member and four Charter members were given sparkly crowns to wear, along with glittered sashes. What a happy sight we were! We each received a gift bag of "32" Moda fat quarters, donated by Old South Fabrics. You can check out Wanda's website at: Old South Fabrics.com
The fabrics I received were Moda's Crazy for Red by Minick & Simpson, which were red & cream & tan.
We also played "Quilto" with prizes for each game won. Before "Show & Tell", we shared a Potluck Lunch. What a wonderful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment