Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Monday, July 20, 2015

Design Wall Monday

Our weekly Sewing Group has been die cutting numerous yards of donated fabric for our use in making quilts for those in need throughout our community.  The fabrics I chose were squares and strips.  The center squares of each block were cut 5 1/2".  The strips surrounding 2 sides of each square were cut at 2 1/2" wide.  I couldn't stand having the dogs upside down, so some of the squares with the hats had to be sideways or upside down.  The more I look at the top, the more I'm thinking it needs one more row to make the top 42" across and 52.5" down.  If I get busy, I can get the top done before tomorrow's sewing.

Dogs and Cowboy Hats  DWM 07202015
It's hot and humid in Tennessee this week, so it will be nice to stay inside and sew.  Drop by Judy's Blog at
Patchwork Times.com

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't have wanted the dogs sideways, either. I love the colours and how all the fabrics work together. What a great use of a die cutter.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete