Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Monday, July 27, 2015

Design Wall Monday

Hey!!  I am actually posting on Monday.  This morning, I've been working on (3) different ideas/projects.
My fabric scraps are taking over my sewing room.  It doesn't appear that I have even made a dent in all the scraps but I've been enjoying seeing all the different fabrics that I have used through the years.

Project #1:
The two squares on the left side are two mug rugs that I promised to make for my friends in California.  When I left for California in early June, I was only able to complete 19 Mug Rugs but I discovered that I needed many more for family and friends.  I just need about 10 more.

Project #2:
The two rectangles on the bottom left measure 4.5" x 6".  They are the beginning of a scrappy quilt of spools of thread.  I still need to make the actual spools out of dark brown or grey fabric.

Project #3:
The five squares on the right were made from panels of fabric strips sewn together and then sent through my Die Cutter using the triangle die and matching them with a neutral solid.  These are my favorite.  I'm excited to see how the finished quilt will look.  I discovered this unique technique from Katy Quilts Design Wall Monday from last week.
Design Wall Monday  Scraps
 Be sure to hop over to Judy's at Patchwork Times.com  to see the designs of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment