Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Monday, May 23, 2016

Design Wall Monday

Even though I haven't posted since May 9th, I have been busy.  I've been attacking all of my many piles of scraps scattered all over my sewing room.  My goal has been to choose a pile and cut the fabrics into squares of different sizes depending on the size of the scrap.  It's a long, slow process but the goal is to finish by the end of May.
Yesterday, I decided to cut some of my red, white, and blue fabrics for a Friendship Star Quilt.  So far, I have one block complete, just 29 to go......

Friendship Star
I have a difficult time using the patterned lights for the white blocks.  I'm not really sure of the reason but I do know that I also have a hard time making scrappy quilts and now with an overwhelming amount of scraps, this is something I need to get over.

Venture over to  Patchwork Times.com  to see what others have created..........

2 comments:

  1. At first making scrappy quilts is hard, but it gets addictive as you go along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your words of encouragement. Enjoyed reading your Blog this afternoon. It was nice to read about your neighbor lady and you sharing the language of sewing together.

    ReplyDelete