Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Monday, May 30, 2016

Red, White & Blue to Honor our Service Men, Service Women and their families

Memorial Day, May 30th

All last week, I've been cutting 4 1/2" HST in red, white, and blue fabrics, to make a Friendship Star Quilt.
The blocks will finish at 12" square for a total of 30 blocks (5 across & 6 down).  I sewed the rows together this afternoon.  Since this is not a QOV, I will be machine quilting the top with my walking foot.

This will be a patriotic quilt, which I plan to give to a U.S. Army Veteran's wife.  Her husband passed away in early 2015.  My friend, Roanne, whom I have known since 7th grade told me about their friends; Raymond and his wife.  Raymond had helped counsel Roanne's son, who suffered from PTSD.

Friendship Stars - May 30, 2016

The center squares in the (4) stars in each corner have "Dept. of the Army-United States of America" printed on the fabric.  I had enough fabric left for a couple of pieces in two other squares.

See what other quilters have been doing this past week by checking out Patchwork Times.com

4 comments:

  1. Perfect quilt to remember someone special who served. His wife is going to cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I'm looking forward to meeting his wife as soon as the quilt is complete.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely gift! This is the perfect quilt for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. One of my friends from my Sewing Group has agreed to go with me when we give the quilt to his wife.

      Delete