Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Monday, December 5, 2016

Design Wall Monday

Is it Monday already?  It's amazing how fast the days fly by once the calendar hits Thanksgiving.  I'm still working on my 365 Quilty Circle project.  This past week-end, I got caught up to Dec. 1st and then made 9 more HST blocks to get a little ahead.  Now it's Dec. 5th and I haven't done anything since Dec. 1st.

I decided it would be fun to have all the little blocks for December created with Christmas fabrics.  Tomorrow is my "Tuesday Sewing Group", so preparing for what projects to take.  Friday, the 2nd, I received the Quilt of Valor back from Marie, who did the long arm quilting.  Her quilting is beautiful with lots of stars, quilted with a multicolored thread on top and a dark blue on the back.

It took a little searching to find the fabric in my stash, for the binding, but I was thrilled when I found it. I had used this fabric in the quilt but was not sure if I still had some or if I had enough for the binding. It is 100% cotton, called Rustic Weave Pattern #32955, color is red, made in Japan by Moda Fabrics.
I do have the binding made but still must trim the quilt, sew on the binding and then hand stitch it down.
Since I took my time on making the quilt, I don't want to rush to complete it.  Also, when the quilt is complete, I will take a picture and I wash it "with a Dye Catcher" before presenting it to a Veteran.

So, I decided to show something that I did complete.  The (2) stockings were cut from a fabric panel and then I sewed fleece on the back of each stocking.  I remember making (2) other stockings quite some time ago, but I think I already turned them in at Sewing.
2 stockings ready for Christmas
. 
 Be sure to check out all the wonderful projects shown at:   Patchwork Times.com

No comments:

Post a Comment