Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Monday, July 10, 2017

Design Wall Monday

It's Monday and I'm actually posting today.  I have been working on (1) 12 inch block for several days.  I had no idea it would be so involved with so many little pieces.  It was not difficult, only time consuming.


Quilt Top needs back, quilting, sleeve 2017

Our Quilt Guild offered our members a Challenge in December 2016 based on Lori Smith's Small Quilt Squares "From my heart to your hands".  She has two different patterns.  Not too long ago, I purchased a small quilt hanger, to display the little quilts throughout the year.  I had thought about using some of my Civil War prints but found I liked the brighter colors of my batiks.  Since one mini quilt will be displayed every couple of months, I chose to make the quilts in different types of fabrics.   

The quilts finish at 12" x 12".  I chose Lori's pattern; Quilt Squares #1.
So far, I have finished:
(3) quilts with sleeves, ready for hanging
(2) tops, which need backs, quilting and sleeves
(1) top needs to be started and finished prior to the end of November.

Today, I am linking up with:  Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.blogspot.com for Design Wall Monday.


1 comment:

  1. Little quilts can take surprising amounts of time to complete, I agree. Sweet batik mini there. I have a small quilt stand I've made a number of 12" quilts for--so fun to switch them out.

    ReplyDelete