Our Quilting Guild has formed a small group of members who have voiced an interest in making Quilts of Valor. Anita and I are the "co-chairs" of the group and our group plans to meet at least once per month to sew. We went shopping last Saturday to choose patriotic fabrics at Stitcher's Playhouse in Smyrna, TN. Our state-wide organization: Tennessee Valley Quilters Association had their annual meeting in July and challenged each of our Guilds to bring (1) QOV to each quarterly meeting. TVQA also challenged each member to bring a QOV to next year's Assembly Day, along with a presentation case (aka pillowcase in red, white & blue). I certainly do not want to miss next year's Assembly Day. That will be an amazing day to see all the red, white, and blue quilts!
 |
| Friendship Stars Top made in 2016 |
I haven't joined in on Design Wall Monday in quite some time, and I've been missing being a part of this group. Our Guild and my Weekly Sewing Group have been keeping me busy. My goal this year has been to clean up my sewing room and so far I have not been doing well with that project.
Check out other Blogs at:
Small Quilts and Doll Quilts.blogspot.com
Very good design, love all the different prints. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteAnnie,
DeleteI wish I could say that I picked out all these beautiful fabrics but it came as a kit of fabrics to be cut and sewn together at a QOV Day in Feb. 2016. The entire quilt was HST except for the blue center squares.
Great QoV quilt, and welcome back to Design Wall Monday, glad to have you back.
ReplyDeleteJudy,
DeleteThank you for the warm welcome. Hopefully, I can get back on track and get my Sewing Room in some type of order. Is that even possible?
This week, I'm working on a Quilt of Valor-Arkansas Crossroads-just love the pattern, lots of red/blue 4 patches being sewn first.