Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Saturday, October 21, 2017

(3) Quilts in process

Tammy from my weekly Sewing Group, kindly gave me a Quilt of Valor kit, which included 10" squares, sashing fabrics and Missouri Star Quilt Company's Block book, which included the instructions for making a "Friendship Star Sashing Quilt".  I started early this morning, sub-cutting the strips and making the blocks for the QOV.  So far, I have 22 blocks with sashing attached, which is a little over half the blocks.

The last few weeks, I've been working on my "On the Go Tote".  It is almost complete, just need to hand sew the binding down on (3) sides, prior to inserting foam board or other type material to give
the tote bag some stability.


Last Tuesday at Sewing, I agreed to machine quilt a small quilt for Project Linus.  It began with a cute panel, which I added borders on two sides to increase the size of the quilt.  It had been months since I had done any free motion quilting, so I was glad to give it a try again and I'm happy with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment