Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Wednesday, September 25, 2019

UFO List of Items needing to be finished

Here it is the 25th of September, 2019 and I am no further along at finishing these projects than I was at the beginning of 2019.  I do hope to complete a few forgotten projects that have been waiting... for quite some time.

Today, I have been working on a "Project Linus" blanket that our weekly Sewing Group cut.  The flannel squares are cut 8 1/2" with a Die Cutter and all the edges are fringed. We place 2 squares together (rights sides out) with a 6" piece of batting in between and then sew an X from corner to corner.  I enjoy sewing the squares together into a quilt, but I have to watch the fringed edges or they get caught in the 3/4" seam allowances.

Thankfully, a couple of ladies in our group have volunteered to take the completed flannel blankets to the Laundromat to be washed.  After reading
on-line, I discovered that washing these finished blankets at home is not a wise idea.  The fringed edges generate "massive" amounts of lint and can easily clog your home washing machine and/or dryer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment