Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Monday, October 21, 2019

RJ's Colorful Fabric Scraps

My friend and leader of our weekly Sewing Group gave me several panels of sewn together blocks of hundreds of colorful fabric scraps.  All the fabrics were solids.  Each square measured 2 1/2" and had been sewn together in strips.  They had a cascading stair- step look.  However, I was searching for a different look and wanted to make it my own.  So, I spent "many evenings" taking the strips apart in groups of 3 colors each, until I had stacks and stacks of these units.  Then I sewed 3 strips together to make a 9-patch block.  All these blocks were trimmed down to an even six inch block and then pieced together with several different black & gray blocks.  The most unique fabric looks like gravel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment