Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Monday, September 23, 2013

Design Wall Monday

Last night, I finished sewing all of the "Over the Rainbow" blocks together.  I still need to cut the borders and sew them on and then quilt it.

This morning was a beautiful Fall day with blue skies and just right for walking around the outdoor mall, perfect weather for some good exercise.  While we were out and about,  I mailed (4) Fabric postcards to friends and family that I created last night. 

So, this afternoon, I needed to get busy on the Citizen Sam quilt that I began in June.  I am rather embarrassed to admit that I have waited so long to work on it.  Several ladies in my weekly sewing group helped make half of the blocks that I'm using.  The picture shows what I have so far.  Once I get the 2nd strip of string blocks sewn together and placed on the other side of the eagle section, it should make more sense as to what I am trying to create.  The quilt needs to measure 48" by 78".

Citizen Sam quilt top in the making
Be sure to check out what other quilters are creating and showing on their design walls at Judy's Blog,
Heres the link:  Patchwork Times

No comments:

Post a Comment