Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Saturday, January 4, 2014

First Scrap Happy Saturday of 2014

January is for the Blues--fabric that is!

I decided to start with 5" charm squares of blue and add some strips of black & gray.  It made the piece too dark and all the blocks disappeared.  So, I took all the dark strips away and replaced them with white.  It is much better.  Now I may be running low on white but I haven't looked in one more bin.  Since this is to use up scraps of blue and scraps of white, I will not be buying any more white fabric for this piece. The purpose is to stretch my creativity and imagination and try new possibilities.  So here is what I have so far.


4 comments:

  1. Lovely blue fabrics. I started off with the same resolve as you, but ended up buying my background fabrics! So I shall watch to see what evolves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! I hope you find the fabric you need in that last bin, trying to use what is on hand always adds to the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project start. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete