I did not feel confident enough to free motion quilt, so I used the walking foot. I only broke 3 quilting needles. They were all size 75 and could not make it through the thickness at the block intersections. Thankfully, I found all the pieces each time I broke one, so I could proceed. After breaking the 3rd needle, I decided to change to a Schmetz Microtex Needle, Size 90/14. Since this quilt used many different purple fabrics, I didn't have enough of any one purple fabric to use as the binding, so I have chosen a black binding.
I plan to sew on the binding, entirely by machine. The lower right hand corner is folded over, so you can see what the back looks like. I still had plenty of the back fabric left over but it looked too busy for the rest of the quilt.
| Purple Quilt from Scrappy Challenge in April 2014 |
Pretty purples! Breaking needles is very annoying. Good luck on your goals.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your encouragement. Just sewing the label on the Purple quilt this afternoon. Almost done machine quilting the landscape top, made the binding & label this afternoon, so hopefully I can finish it tomorrow.
ReplyDelete