Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Monday, April 6, 2015

Design Wall Monday

Last Saturday, the 4th, I managed to sort some scraps, pack them into a large plastic container and clear away "one" nice spot to walk around in my sewing room.  This was a wonderful accomplishment!

For the last few Tuesdays, our weekly sewing group have been cutting 3" strips for 1,600 quilts.  However, for me that did not work out as well as I had expected.  The times I sewed together the 2 1/2" strips, the quilts were a nice size with the strips going across the quilt.  My quilt with the 3" strips came out with an odd look with the strips going up & down, narrow and super long (39" x 72").  So, I decided to cut the quilt top in half and add borders.  Here is what I have so far......

The border at the top has 3" squares with 1" strips in between.  There will be an additional border at the top and the squares and border at the bottom.  The sides are complete with just one border, so the backing does not need to be pieced.  Watch for the 2nd quilt in a few weeks.... 

On Saturday, I received a Quilt of Valor back from the long arm quilter in Chattanooga.  I got busy and made the binding and then last night, I was able to hand stitch the binding down one side of the quilt.  I don't want to linger, since there is another QOV in Louisiana being quilted, which will be arriving soon.

Check out what our quilters are creating this week by stopping by Patchwork Times.com

No comments:

Post a Comment