Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Monday, April 20, 2015

Design Wall Monday

Last week, I started on a Quilt of Valor.  I have enjoyed making the Carpenter's Star before and thought I'd make another one.  Only one red strip will be sewn on each side even though I have 2 hanging on the sides.
The border at the very top would have looked nice but I calculated incorrectly and I don't have enough of the red,white & blue tiny star fabric to make (24) HST.  (I was thinking I only needed 16 HST)

QOV Carpenter Star 2015



Last Friday, a few of us from our weekly sewing group ventured out to the country to sandwich some Project Linus tops   After lunch, we walked over to the barn to see the baby goats.  They are adorable.
Here are the best pictures.  Not all the goats stood still for very long...

What a Sweetie

Shirley is my favorite

Here are some of the Mamas and their kids

                                                                 
Jump over to Judy's at Patchwork Times.com  to see what is happening around the country

1 comment:

  1. Love your star quilt. I've had that very same color combo and pattern on my list for awhile now. Sounds like you gals had a great day in the country.

    ReplyDelete