Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Sunday, November 1, 2015

Mug Rugs and Flannel & Fleece Quilt are done


Flannel Quilt Top done

Top finished with binding
Color of Backing Fleece



Yesterday afternoon, I finished the Mug Rugs and hope to have them mailed out tomorrow.  This afternoon, I finished sewing the binding on a Flannel & Fleece Quilt.  I used a beautiful blue fleece for the back of the flannel quilt I designed from 42 squares for a man or teenage boy in need of a warm covering.  Since the flannel and fleece made for a rather thick edge, I chose to cut the backing fleece 1/2" wider than the quilt and just fold over to the front and sew it down by machine.  I'm not terribly excited about how it looks but it was very easy to complete the quilt using this method.  Before I began, I read on-line that when one folds over the cut edge, you do not need to worry about the fleece unraveling.  It just doesn't have a fine finish look that I'm used to seeing when I use a standard binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment