Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Monday, December 28, 2015

Design Wall Monday

As I wait for the storm to arrive, I decided to sort through some piles in my sewing room and finish the binding on one more quilt.  I found some beautiful golden binding (already made).  However, as I laid it around the quilt, it is 24" short.  So after searching through many bins, I discovered a strip of the same fabric which was too narrow and too short.  It wasn't meant to be!  I found another piece that is similar in color, just not as striking since it has no "gold" in it.  I am trying to downsize my fabric stash and use what I have.
This afternoon, I'll cut the binding and hopefully get it sewn on, so I can do my hand stitching this evening.

Of course, while I was searching, I found two more finished quilt tops, one with backing and the binding already made.   What am I going to do with all these quilts?         

No comments:

Post a Comment