Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Monday, April 25, 2016

Design Wall Monday

Greetings--It's another beautiful spring morning here in Tennessee.  My Iris are blooming in several different locations in my yard.
This morning, I'm working on a scrappy strip quilt.  Again, in an attempt to use up some scraps, which I am beginning to realize cannot be done.  The scraps generate more scraps as I sleep.  Here is what I have so far.
The appliques were given to our Sewing Group by Lisa.  Lisa had die cut hundreds of different shapes and colors.  In downsizing her appliques, she gave the bulk of them to our group.  Thank you, Lisa!!!
DWM04252016
I need to get ready to go and sit with my friend, Charlotte this afternoon.  Karen will be there also.
Charlotte's husband is going to the Dr.

My goal is to finish this top this evening, so I can take it to sewing tomorrow.  Beige strips will go in between  the columns of strips.  My first strip on the left looks crooked or curved, which means I cut it wrong or
sewed it wrong, so I'm not too excited about added the other strips.

Looking forward to seeing what my fellow quilters have designed this last week.
Check it out at:   Patchwork Times.com 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy, I like the strip quilt, I think I will have to go thru my scraps and see what I come up with. Wed. we are leaving Mi for Tn to visit my son for 4-5 days and then on to Georgia to visit a daughter. He is in Alexandria, any where near you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well you're talking to the wrong person to worry about crooked! I like wonky. Either make them all wonky strips, or curved, or gather in the slight curve to flatten it. Probably just stretched a bit and some fancy measuring will sort it out. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will become a fun quilt. Lucky you to get the pre-cut applique shapes. It's not obvious that the one strip is curved. Maybe it just needs a little tweaking?
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete