Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Saturday, June 4, 2016

Mrs. Bunny building her nest

I have spent the entire morning watching a "new mother to be" build her nest.  Heavy rain was predicted for this morning and Mrs. Bunny may have known rain was on it's way.  She was busy gathering dry grass from our yard and taking it back to the nest she was preparing.  She chose a nice spot right between my iris and a foot high wooden raised garden bed.  She scurried back and forth for over an hour-resting now and again.

Gathering grass for nest

Lots of grass options

Perfect Nest Spot as seen through the blinds

Then came a huge downpour of rain.  I noticed that Mrs. Bunny had moved out into our yard and
was sitting out under a tree, getting soaked.  The next time I looked, she was gone.  The sun has now appeared, which is good.

Well, I need to get busy on my "365 Quilty Circles".  At present, I'm caught up through June 1st.  It is so easy to get behind.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment