Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Rainbow Scrappy Challenge Color is Purple

Today, I looked through several patterns that I purchased long ago but have not used.  The first one I've chosen is by Jean Teal from Farmhouse Fabrics in Pine River, Wisconsin.  She designed it back in 1995.  It will be a bit of a challenge, however the best part is that the dress does not have to fit anyone.  It just needs to fit the background.  I've hunted for several minutes to determine the size of the blocks and discovered that the Dress Base pattern "is the foundation" on which all the dress pieces are sewn.  The next step will be to find all of my purple fabrics and place them in one basket or bin or both.

I'm adding to this post, this evening.... Jan. 10th
I may have taken on more than I bargained for-even though the dresses do not have to fit anyone, I'm beginning to feel a little stressed.  I decided quite a few years ago that I don't like sewing clothes, since after
high school, the clothes I tried to make never fit right.  That is why I fell in love with making quilts.
So, here is what I have so far.....
The little piece above the dress will be the collar.  I still need to make the bodice and the sleeves and sew all the pieces to the background.  It looks like it may be a project to continue tomorrow.  Maybe I will make the sleeves from the same fabric as the collar.  I do love the purple batik fabric I chose. 
Antebellum Purple Dress

No comments:

Post a Comment