![]() |
| Ice Cream Cone Quilt Top Completed 02/27/2014 |
Nancie's TN Quilts
Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit
Saturday, March 1, 2014
February's "Pink Scrappy" Quilt Top Complete
So excited to report that I finished the "Pink Scrappy" quilt top for February. It was way more labor intensive than I had anticipated but I love how it turned out. I have no idea who will receive this quilt. Of course, I need to get it quilted before it can go anywhere.
I could not have finished by the end of February without the encouragement of other quilters and their comments. Please check out what others have accomplished through Socrappy Blog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Great quilt! I feel so lazy only making four blocks when you did a whole quilt. I love the pinwheels dancing thru the border.
ReplyDeleteThank you Carla for your comment. You are definitely not lazy. I read through your Blog and you have done an amazing amount of work on several different projects. You finished your Floribunda quilt with ruffles; made pink blocks, which look great, I might add and worked on your Hexie blocks......
ReplyDeleteWow. What a super job you did. Love the pinwheels in the border and the fussy cut ice cream diamonds just make everything look so fresh and summery.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comment. I checked out your Blog and love your boxy star in teals. The darker shades give the block depth, so gives it a 3-D effect. Also, spotted your little wall hanging with the cats and butterflies. Your 8 yr. old student will love it.
DeleteCongratulations! A great quilt and in record time too. Enjoy the quilting.
ReplyDeleteThank you. I wish I could finish my UFO's in record time. I have printed off Pat Sloan's tracker for listing my quilts in process and finished. Maybe I can work on that today.
DeleteYour quilt top is so cute! I love the pinwheels cascading around the border.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed making the little pinwheels and it helped use up all the little leftover scraps of pinks.
DeleteAn entire top in one month and it is just beautiful...love those pinwheels dancing in the border!
ReplyDeleteMaybe I can try using pinwheels again in the borders of other quilts, since they give a little extra spark.
DeleteBeautiful quilt. Congratulations on a finish. Feels good.
ReplyDeleteThank you and yes it does feel good.
DeleteIt's beautiful! What a fun layout, love those mini pinwheels.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Deb. Wish I could transform my sewing room, as you did. Your sewing and fabric stash is just fantastic. Plus the magazine organization project is amazing. I have a collection of Quilters Newsletter Magazines from 1985 to 2005 and sadly, I rarely have time to look at them. Any suggestions? I know there is a wealth of info. hidden in those pages.
ReplyDelete