Nancie's TN Quilts

Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit


Monday, December 15, 2014

Design Wall Monday

Last week, when I went to Tuesday sewing, someone gave me a sample pack of "Smudgy Cat" by Greta Lynn.  I added a few pieces from my stash, in hopes of creating (2) small quilts for a couple of little girls that needed something special just for them.  I plan to cut the panel into (2) center blocks, then cut the smaller cats fabric pieces into (4) blocks each for corner squares.  The inner borders will be strips of pink and black and white fabrics.

Cat Panels for 2 quilts
This afternoon, I finished the machine quilting with my walking foot for the 3rd quilt to be given this Christmas.  I'm holding back on posting pictures since I'm not sure who in my family may be reading this Blog.  I have just one more quilt to finish by Christmas.

I'm taking a break this evening and hope to cut out some green, white, and black squares for the Bonnie Hunter Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt project.  I only have one small section done for Part 2, but since I pulled out 20-30 fabrics for Part 3, I thought I'd work on those first.  

Link up with Judy at   PatchworkTimes.com to see the creations of other quilters this time of year...       

No comments:

Post a Comment