Nancie's TN Quilts
Welcome - Hope you enjoy your visit
Last Pink Saturday
My February Pink Scrap Quilt Top just needs borders. I debated on a piano key border but decided against it. Since the star points created 100's of tiny triangles, I decided to use them as leaders and enders and create HST. So far, I have created (1) Pinwheel block that measures 2" square. LOL I thought it would be fun to sew up several pinwheel blocks and mix them into the borders. We shall see. It's still possible to finish the top prior to month-end.
Hop on over to Soscrappy
to see what other quilters have done with their pink scraps.
 |
| Ice Cream Cone Quilt Top |
Stars and ice cream cones two of my favorite things!
ReplyDeleteIt was fun to pull out the different pinks and try a pattern that I had found in one of my magazines.
DeleteWhat a sweet combination of blocks. The pinwheels will be fun wherever you use them.
ReplyDeleteOn Monday, I hope to work on placing the pinwheels in the borders. I spotted a great picture on-line but of course, now, I cannot find where I saw the picture. Oh, well.
DeleteGreat idea to make a whole quilt from the pinks. And 2" pinwheels are waaaay too small for me LOL
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about the 2" pinwheels being too small but I want to challenge myself to use up what I create. The little triangles that I cut off the star points made great leaders and enders, so I might as well use them for something. Plus they are all in pink.
DeleteI love your scrappy stars, and the ice cream cones are adorable!
ReplyDeleteThank you. I have no idea when or where I bought the fabric but I did find part of the selvage. It states Patt #CX3923 "What's the Scoop". They turned out to be perfect for this month's "pink" quilt.
DeleteHow cute. Or should I say sweet.
ReplyDeleteI am hoping a special little girl will enjoy all the pink stars and ice cream cones.
DeleteKudos for doing a complete pink quilt. Your pinwheels in the border idea sounds neat. Good luck with it.
ReplyDeleteHopefully, the pinwheel border will turn out as I am imagining it. We shall see.
Deletelove the idea of mixing a few tiny pieced blocks into a border, So fun to look at!
ReplyDeleteLeeAnna Paylor
lapaylor.blogspot.com
I have most of the HST units made, just need to finish the pinwheels tonight, so I can work them into the borders tomorrow.
DeleteYou have been busy sewing this month to get a complete top almost finished. You've made a nice combination of stars and diamonds and the overall effect is certainly strawberry and vanilla.
ReplyDeleteYes, I have been busy and my poor sewing room remains in total disarray. Little pink scraps are everywhere.
ReplyDeleteI do best with deadlines, otherwise I get distracted and lose my focus to finish.
what a beautiful quilt top! Wow, that was fast work!
ReplyDelete