Last Saturday, I traveled to the AQS Show in Paducah, KY for their 30th Quilt Show Anniversary. As always, the quilts were amazing! I've found I love the smaller pictorial wall quilts and the landscape quilts best. All the quilts displayed were beautiful and I can't imagine how much time and effort went into each one. There were over 650 quilts displayed in three different locations. Since I only took 150 pictures, I barely have a sampling of the quilts that were on display. In past years, I tried to take pictures of the miniature quilts that were in a glass case, but found the reflection of light made it difficult to see the exquisite quilts inside the case.
It took all day Sunday and most of Monday to recover from the long wonderful day that I had in Paducah.
I was one of several ladies, cutting 5 1/2" squares for our "I Spy" quilts that our weekly sewing group is making for Project Linus Day in mid May. During the first 2 weeks in May, we will be sandwiching the "blankets" to be ready for tying and labeling on Project Linus Day.
Here's a picture of my "I Spy" quilt on my Design Wall prior to sewing it together.
Be sure to link up with other quilters at:
Patchworktimes.com
 |
| "I Spy" pieces ready for sewing |
No comments:
Post a Comment