Last Tuesday, our weekly Sewing Group finished up the 1,600 "Jelly Roll" quilts and began cutting squares for "I Spy" quilts. In order to have the width of the quilts no bigger than our batting on the roll, we chose to cut all the squares, 5 1/2". (8) squares across and (10) squares down for a quilt size of 40" x 50". The other important item we needed to consider was the width of most fabrics that we will be using for the backing. Very few fabrics measure 45", most are between 42" to 43".
I'm happy with the way the quilt top turned out but it sure is "BUSY". It should be quite entertaining for the little girl or boy who receives it. Our group is gearing up for our local Project Linus Day on Sat., May 17th.
 |
| I Spy 80 Blocks |
No comments:
Post a Comment