So Scrappy's Challenge Color for March was Teal. I seem to be running a little behind but I didn't want to miss making something with my teal fabrics. I also wanted to make a landscape quilt.
The wall hanging is being named "Tobago Bay". In 1975, after my sister and her husband retired; they took a two year adventure sailing from Sausalito through the Golden Gate Bridge, down along the coast of California, Mexico and through the Panama Canal. Their adventure was completed with a 6 month stay in Beaufort, South Carolina.
The two sailboats in the picture represent their sailboat, "Tobago" and their friends' sailboat, "Yonder".
In an attempt to find the name of their friends boat, I went back and read some of the Log my sister wrote while on their adventure. She typed the entire Log on an manual typewriter and then made copies and mailed them to friends and relatives in the states. It's very interesting to read since it lists where they went, who they met and what foods were available in the different beach towns where they docked off shore.
I wish I was brave enough to add some white breaking waves. Maybe next time...... I do plan to add a shell or two at the bottom, along the sandy beach.
Be sure to check out what others have been creating today at Judy's Blog; Patchwork Times.com
| Fabrics chosen for Teal Wall Hanging |
| Possible fabric choice for border |
Your landscape quilt is wonderful! I have wanted to make one of these, too, but haven't. Your fabrics are perfect for your beach scene. Lovely!
ReplyDeleteThank you. I spent several hours looking at landscape ocean/beach scenes on-line to determine which style I liked best. This is the perfect size to try different techniques. Without the borders it is 17" x 17 1/2". Several years ago, when I attended the AQS show in Paducah, I bought some "Angelina Hot Fix Fibers", which I bonded between some of the waves. The plan is to miter the corners on the brown frame borders.
ReplyDelete