This morning, the quilt for a special little boy was shipped off in the mail. I will post the picture next week after it has been received. The last couple of days, I've been working on sewing labels on quilts. I thought I'd made (12) labels but it turned out it was only (11) labels for my quilts. One label included additional info.
I discovered a nice easy way to create the label. I leave one inch all the way around the printed label.
Fold the sides over twice and machine stitch with cream/white thread with a tiny stitch. Next, choose fabric that matches the back or border on the front. Cut fabric 2.25" or 2.5" wide. First fold sides in about 1/2" making a finished edge that matches the sides of the label and then fold in half. Machine stitch to top and bottom. Press away from label. All sides of label should be finished. Position label in lower right hand corner on back. Hand stitch all the way around label.
I've also been working on my 365 Quilty Circles. I adore this Challenge because I can use lots of different fabrics. I already have seven quilty squares ready but when we went to the store on Monday, I thought it would be fun to make a grocery shopping bag for the circle, so I must make that before I can do the next few days. If I'm not careful, I won't be able to remember what I've done each day.
I've already thought of (2) cool ideas for my Crayon Challenge. I may make both and see which one comes out best. I have until mid September.
Well, I'm off to make my little shopping bag........
No comments:
Post a Comment